Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm a visual person

Ok, so I have been writing quite a bit lately - as Andrea and Aubrey can attest to since I'm constantly sending them emails with all my new stuff - and while I keep an eye on my word count  (last time I looked it was hovering around 24,000) it's a completely different experience to see it all printed out. On paper. Not looking a screen that I scroll up and down on.

All I can say is - wow. I didn't really understand how much I have actually written until I had that pile of pages sitting in my hands.

The girls and I are starting up a little critique group (we critique each other's stuff all the time, we're just making it a little more official) and tomorrow is our first in-person, sit-down session. Most of the time it's all through texts or emails, so I'm super excited to go over everyone's ideas and projects in person. But I don't really feel like taking my laptop (it's still new and I'm protective) so last night I printed out everything I've written on my WIP.

It's 39 pages.

That blows my mind. It's kinda heavy in my little folder and I have this little blossom of pride in my heart for the fact that I've gotten this far. It's more than I've done in the past. It actually gives me motivation to keep going. It's very exciting.

I can't wait to hear what the girls think, and to see more of what they've been working on as well. Excited!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I missed it! :( But at this point, I'm kinda glad I didn't take my strep-contagious fingers to another public place before I found out I had strep! I am so jealous you have 39 whole pages. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete