Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday Three

Hey everyone! Good morning and Happy Thursday! Sorry I missed last week. I hurt my neck and back in a weird random way and so I was busy being in pain and immobile and running to the chiropracter's and sitting around icing everything so I could move again without crying. Yeah, it was super exciting around here last week. Anyway, I forgot to blog, so I apologize. But I'm here this week! Hooray! *jazz hands*

*coughs awkwardly* Ok, here we go.

1. Sparky and I went to go see The Dark Knight Rises a couple weeks ago. It was actaully really, really good. The villain was sufficiently crazy pants and scary, although his voice over made me nuts. Sometimes it was nice and clear, so he sounded super creepy and evil. Other times it was all garbled and incomprehensible, so that even though I knew he was saying something villain-y, all I wanted to do was yell, "What was that? I didn't catch it the first time!" Anyway, I thought everyone was awesome. JGL is my new pretend boyfriend, and I desperately want Anne Hathaway's Catwoman boots. Did you see those things? So, so cute. (And we'll just pretend I wouldn't fall on my face in them.)

2. I actually got a chance to watch the Olympics! I always say I'm going to watch everything and then I watch next to nothing, so I'm all proud of myself for knowing what everyone is talking about this year. The women's gymnastics team was super adorable,and kicked trash, although I felt super sorry for our men's team. They just couldn't seem to get things to go their way, and their frustration and disappointment was clear. (Did anyone else think Sam Mikulak was super cute?) We watched a lot of swimming and diving, with my kids getting all excited about the huge pool each time they saw it. And the runner from South Africa with the blades? (I forget his name right now.) He was so inspirational. It was awesome to see him go out there like it was no big deal. Not gonna lie, I cried a little. There were so many great moments and it was so nice to see them all.

3. My dear friend Andrea issued me a challenge. When we got together with Aubrey last week, they both called me out on being completely chicken and avoiding Secret Story because I was afraid of the work, and terrified of submitting to agents. It was some tough love, but it's what I needed to hear. So the next day Andrea said if I sent out queries by October, she would take me to Cheesecake Factory. If I didn't, she was going to send out queries for me. Gah! So I'm proud to say I'm back to work on Secret Story, and Shiny Idea is actually cooperating and leaving me alone - for the moment, anyway. Wish me luck, I have a lot of work to do in the next couple months!

That's it for me for this week. How have all of you been? Seen any good movies lately? What were your favorite Olympic moments? Sound off in the comments, I want to hear your thoughts. Don't be shy!

2 comments: