Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I FINISHED!!!!

YES!!! It's true, this afternoon after two word wars and a couple hours writing solo, I wrote the very last scene for Bound in Ink.

That means the end. Which means it's done.

No, actually, it doesn't. At least, not really. It's done in the sense that I now have the complete skeleton of the story written. There's a little meat here and there, but for the most part it's pretty rough. Now I'm going to go back through it, from beginning to end, and add scenes here, details there, and tweak some dialogue so that it's better. Because as many wise authors have said, you can always make it better.

So, I'm going to spend the next few weeks really working on Bound in Ink so that I can feel comfortable sending it to my little group of readers. Andrea and Aubrey can hardly wait to read it, and I can't wait for them to read it. I am so excited to hear what they think!

Well, I'm going to give my tired brain a break and watch the next movie in my little Harry Potter mini-marathon as I get ready to see the final film with Sparky on Saturday. (It's like then end of an era, it really is.) And I'm going to reward myself with brownies! Here's to an awesome day!!

3 comments:

  1. I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Congratulations, Jenn! You've totally inspired me to start working on WIP again... in between work shifts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my hero!!! I'm so happy for you! It makes up for all the build ups I had to do today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I've become completely obsessed with it again, which is great and distracting, lol. I can't wait till it's ready to share with you! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete