Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuck

Lately I haven't been writing anything. I just hit this mental brick wall and I can't think of anything to put down. It's extremely frustrating, because I still think about my characters all the time, but I just don't have anything to give them right now. I'm really quite sad about it.

So, to try and get me through my bout of writer's block, I'm reading a ton of books, hoping to be inspired by others' awesomeness, and working on a fiction blog with Andrea and Aubrey. I'm hoping it will be a place that will help me work past blocks like this because I can just write without it having to be perfect or even connected to what I'm working on now. It will be purely for fun and to stretch my imagination. You can check it out here.

So, that's where I am right now. Stuck with impatient characters and a new blog that might help me unblock myself. And if you're wondering what I'm reading right now, I'm working my way through the books of the Breathless Reads Tour. I've got 2 more to go before they come here in a couple weeks. Check them out, they're extremely good and are helping me find my motivation again.

Matched - Ally Condie
Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
Across the Universe - Beth Revis
The Eternal Ones - Kirsten Miller*
The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff*

*I'm reading these next.

So wish me luck that I can find the motivation and the inspiration again, and happy reading until then!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of reading instead of writing... I published another article today, so I rewarded myself by reading the rest of I Heart You, You Haunt Me. ;) Loved it! Can't wait to start the next one... but I'm forcing myself to write two more articles and produce at least ONE decent piece for FixYourFace before I dive in. Too much work to do to read! And speaking of... I'm sorry to say I still haven't read the stuff you sent me. I'm sorry!!! I'm way behind on everything I've promised to do right now, lol. I love you!

    ReplyDelete